A long-time believer in the power of story to change lives, Amy’s diverse writing career includes three years as a weekly op-ed newspaper columnist, over two decades of medical and freelance writing including journal publications, and most recently (her favorite form of prose), literary novels.
Fiction works include:
- Lead Me Home, releasing May 1, 2016 with Tyndale House Publishers
- How Sweet the Sound: A Novel, shortlisted for the 2015 INSPY Awards, and winner of the 2011 Women of Faith writing contest
- “Finding Eudora,” a short story in the Indy Writes Books Anthology
- Then Sings My Soul: A Novel
Fiction awards include:
- semi-finaling two years in a row (2011 and 2012) for the ACFW Genesis awards
- winner of the 2011 Women of Faith writing contest
- shortlisted for the debut novel division of the 2015 Inspy Awards
An Indianapolis native and graduate of DePauw University, Amy is also grateful to be a practicing registered nurse at a busy suburban hospital. She lives with her husband and three sons in central Indiana.